Sunday, June 8, 2008

Triming Down the Budget

I have been trying to think of ways to trim down our spending. I feel I have been doing pretty well with menu planning and doing CVS deals. One of the huge hurdles that we/I need to overcome is the eating out syndrome.

I have been planning the menu and making sure we have everything we need for meals, but on lazy days I will still run out and pick us up something to eat. This is not only extra money spent, but less healthy than home cooking.

So I wonder, is there any practical ways to get this done? Or is this going to just take plain ol' self control? I have asked Gus to tell me "no" when I ask to go pick up food, but he is just as bad as me and loves to have Micky D's or Cane's pretty often. So, we are really no help to each other. I think we are just going to have to buckle down and make eating out a special treat, instead of being a regular meal.

As you can see I need help, if you have had the eating out syndrome before and overcame it please let me know how you accomplished that! :)

1 comments:

The Maggio Family said...

well let me say this--- we spent easily $400 or $500 monthly on restaurants, before our conversion to sensibility. that's in addition to our grocery bill. it is self-control. plain & simple. we simply cannot afford it. its less healthy. its laziness and so jeff & i are both very diligent. for example, after church today, we didnt have the kids, so we were like, lets just go get something, thankfully he said no, b/c later, i know i would've been guilty. we came home, had grilled cheese sandwiches and it was fine. its hard to convert, but you HAVE to. our food budget is the easiest way to change our spending habits.