Friday, July 4, 2008

The weeks have just flown by...

Sorry, I have not blogged in such a long time. We have finally moved from our apartment. We had lived in that apartment since getting married 6 years ago. Gus had lived there even longer, 7 1/2 years this month. We moved just across town into a townhouse. We have been here 2 weeks now and have been busy getting everything organized. We are hoping that this is a one year temporary stop between our apartment and buying a home. This was a good move, we have nice landlords and we have been able to purchase our very first washer and dryer. We also have a nice private patio out the back door. We are very happy with this move.

I have had some bittersweet moments since moving. Although I was ready to move out of the apartment, it was the place I moved into with Gus and the place where we brought our children home. I will miss it just a little for the memories that our family made there. Moving has also given us the opportunity to move the children into their own room. For those who do not know we have slept with the children in our room and the plan was to move them out once Baby Girl was old enough to go into a room with Boog. Well that time has come and I was so nervous. I am happy to have them sleeping in a room of their own, but I really miss their presence in our room. They have transitioned wonderfully and have been sleeping great with out skipping a beat. It was a much harder transition for mama than my babies.

I am hoping to be posting more often soon and to get some photos of the new place up as well.

1 comments:

The Maggio Family said...

yeah, that's what i was hoping for was some pics. it is hard to move, emotionally, but isnt it fun to plan where things go and have everything so neat--at least for a little while?