Monday, July 28, 2008

There is hope, did you know?

I was listening to a sermon yesterday and really don't remember what the whole thing was about. The statement I do remember is: "There is HOPE". It really just clicked with me. I tend to worry and think only about the things that may go wrong. I think about my children's future and wonder what the world will be like for them to grow up in. I even think about my grandchildren and wonder the same. God was giving me a little wake up call. He is my hope, the hope of my future gengerations and even the world's hope. He is here dwelling with us, which means hope is all around. I thank God he opened my eyes and I pray that I am able to keep the HOPE alive in my heart and mind.

Psalm 31:24---
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Psalm 71:14---But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

Jeremiah 17:7---Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.


2 Thessalonians 2:16-17----16
Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,17Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

0 comments: