Friday, December 19, 2008

One Life to Love by 33 miles

God has really been dealing with me lately on what it means to pour my life into the lives of my kids and husband and others around me. This song just touches me so much, I cry just about every time I hear it. The chorus is so true, we only have one time around, one shot at making the most out of the life God has given us.

I think it has been hitting me harder lately since the pastor at my old church just passed away and I have read recently on a board about a family that is loosing their 6 year old daughter to brain cancer.

I want my life to make an eternal difference and only the Lord can help me do it.


2 comments:

The Maggio Family said...

yep, been thinking the same thing. why is it i can be kind & generous to strangers, yet so rude to my own kids sometimes? why do i have such impossible standards for them? why does my hubby catch the brunt of my "bad mood" sometimes? what a shame. God, please help me to be who you called me to be--Proverbs 31 woman!

Dani said...

I know girl it is so hard. I was taking Gus to work yesterday and this song came on and I was crying and laughing. We fail so miserable in and of ourselves. Only God can help us. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days. :)