Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm back















Above is my bucket garden. We currently live in townhouse and just have a small patio with that short strip of grass you see. I have wanted to plant a garden for some time, but we lived in an upstairs apartment for 6 years then moved over here last year and it was too late to plant. Anyway I bought the buckets and my dear brother came over and drilled holes into the bottom of them to help drain excess water. I picked buckets because it will be easier to handle and move if we are to find a larger rent home in the next few months. That way they can travel with us to the new place.

I have 5 tomato plants, 2 green and one yellow bell pepper plants, 2 egg plants, 3 squash and cucumber plants. The plants in the blue bucket are broccoli. I was able to get them all planted last weekend when I was off and are looking really good so far. I am really hoping that they can be a learning experience for the kids and that they live and thrive to give us some great veggies.

0 comments: