Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Father's World: Introduction














After much research and contemplation, we decided on My Father's World for Boog's kindergarten curriculum. I decided to go ahead and start now, so that when the baby comes in August I can take a few weeks off.

The first 2 weeks is about Creation. We first read the creation story out of the Bible, then color, cut and paste the numbers 1-7 on a green background. There is one number for each day and each number has pictures on them to help reiterate the creation story. ( I just made my background out of 4 sheets of green construction paper.) We used them to learn these numbers. This is something Boog has trouble with. He learned and memorized all the letters so quickly, yet he is still having trouble recognizing the numbers all the time. If anyone has any suggestions I am open to them. :)














We also reviewed different letters of the alphabet each day. ( He already knows all of these and the sounds each letter makes) . We worked on spelling his name and counting up to 20. He is catching on really quick.

We also used contruction paper and made our own pictures of each creation day, to make a creation booklet.














We are only into week two of this, but overall it is very easy to follow. I picked this because of the reviews that stated the teacher manual was very easy to follow. It lays out what you are to do each day. There is a book suggestion in the back for each lesson. It is a combination of classical, Charlotte Mason and unit study. There is lots of hands on work, which I like. Since Boog has a hard time just sitting still for seat work.

Anyone who is local that would like to take a look at it, just let me know. We can get together and you can take a look through it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! I love little drawings. I also love MFW but unfortunately due to the finances, we won't be able to continue this year. I am set on using their K program for my preschooler when she's ready. I've heard nothing but great reviews of it so I'll be peeking in to see how it goes.

Lauren said...

i would like to get together and look at it. maybe one day at katy's??

Dani said...

That would be fine. I am usually free and have the car on Tuesday and Friday.

Anonymous said...

a lady offered me the kindergarden MFW currculuim for 25 dollars just have to buy student workbook which is 35.00. i do like it but i didn't feel God telling me to get this for Nathanael, i still debate getting it for my girls for the future but if one of you would like to buy it i could get this ladies e-mail.