Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Removing the Dross

Photobucket


Have you ever had one of those moments where God opens your eyes and heart? I had a revelation today of some of the dross that needs to be removed from my life. My poor Boog recieved the brunt of my anger. Was he being annoying? Yes. Did he deserve to see me loose control and rage? NO!
My first thoughts were "I cannot do this, I cannot keep them at home acting this way". I realized right away that was not a thought from God. Right after that thought, God's still, soft voice said "this is why I have you home with them". I then remembered a word that was spoken over me years ago when Boog was still small. These are not verbatim: "God is going to change you, if you continue after Him. One day you will look back and not even recognize yourself". I knew God was saying he was using my kids to challenge me and change me daily.
I then pulled my first born to me and apologized all I could. We hugged for a long time and cried together. We then prayed for each other.

Proverbs 25:4

Remove the dross from the silver, and out comes material for the silversmith;

I want to be material that God can use for his Glory. Please keep removing the dross!

0 comments: