Monday, May 19, 2008

Evacuated from Home

This past Saturday we had to up and leave our home. A train had derailed and spilled some toxic chemicals and we were in the area that had to evacuate our home. It was not scary, but a bit inconvenient b/c I had to go to work that night and Sunday night. As I sit and thought on this, I had to chastise myself for being so angry about it. Thoughts of China and Burma kept popping into my head. Of all those people who have no home to go back to and who have lost loved ones. I am thankful for what I have and the blessings that have been given to me and my family. I hate that there is tragedy in the world. I am happy that God loves me enough to scruff me up a bit from time to time and see what is really important and to put things in perspective.

We are now back at home safe and sound. My heart and prayers are with all those people who have experienced real tragedy all across the globe.


1 comments:

Jenn said...

Same thing happened in our area very recently...sulphuric acid spillage from it. YUK!! Glad you are ok.