Friday, May 16, 2008

I did not sign up for this!

While watching a news program today they were interviewing a lady who is trying out for the Olympics. Anyhoo, one of the topics they touched on was her 5 year old autistic son. She talked about how she would pray and pray to God for a cure. Finally she went to her Pastor and told him "I did not sign up for this!". He told her "Yes, you did". She said from that day on she quit praying for a cure and started praying for the strength to be the best she could be for her son. (I am ad-libbing a bit). I just started crying. This is one of the first times I have cried at something random being on the television.
I think it just hit my mommy heart. There are so many days that I say to God or to myself that I did not sign up for this. Then through that moment my eyes are opened and I see that God has given me these children and hand chose them for me. They test me and help mold me on a daily basis. I know I am such a different person than I was 4 years ago before Boog and Baby Girl came along. I am looking forward to the day that I look back and do not recognize that old person and can rejoice in the person God molds me into through the help of my wonderful blessings.

0 comments: