Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baby Girl is keeping me on my toes...




























This was about 2 weeks ago.  I left her playing in the bedroom to quickly go potty, right next door.  She comes in, I swear, not a minute later and this is what her hair looked like.  She had put globs and globs of vaseline in her hair.  I said "what have you done?", she just raised her shoulders and said "don't know".  I just giggled at her.  Let me tell you that it is no easy feat to get that stuff out of hair.  Mulitple washings and cornstarch and 4 days later it was mostly out.  Of course she did this just days before we were to get pictutes made.  What could I do but laugh at her.  

Then there was today.  We were taking baths before going to a pumpkin patch get together with other homescoolers.  Well I let her out with just a towel while I was getting some clothes on. This is something I do all the time, but should know better since she is not potty trained at all.  I am there standing in my room and she comes and tells me "mama poo poo".  I am thinking no, please no, let this not be true.  There in the middle of the the kids bedroom floor was a big ol' poop. All I have to say is that I am so very thinkful it was not runny.  So in another note to self, no more letting Baby Girl run around naked after bath time.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

rofl. That is so something my kids would do. I am glad to know I am not alone.

Sorry about the park. We were not going to go and then when I told the kids they started crying. Since I had promised them I went ahead and let them go to veterans for an hour so hubby could sleep longer.

Could you email me? I lost your email address and wanted to send you the pictures from today of the kids.

Mama M said...

The funniest thing about your story, the vaseline part, is that I did the exact same thing when I was about 3! My mom said I told her that I was going to "perm my hair". My mother said she was so tired of washing my hair, she called my grandma (who lives in FL) and asked was there something else she could do to get the vaseline out. To my mom's dismay, all they knew to do was to wash it out. So, we cried together as my mom washed my hair over and over. We still laugh about that to this day! Cute post!

Polly & Steve said...

I love this, my granddaughter did the same thing! 18 years ago! Children never change...ha ha!