Saturday, October 25, 2008

We are now 2 weeks into...

our no eating out challenge.  We accomplished another week, with the exception of last night.  Gus wanted to take me on a date, so we did go eat at a resturant.  My mom offered to watch the kids, so we took the chance to get out alone.  That does not happen often, so we decided it would be worth it to break our challenge for that purpose.


I have to say however, that it was harder this week than last to withstand the temptation of eating out.  I swear you must have to detox from the stuff.  It is pretty neat though, because I have been making the things we would usually pick up at home.  Hamburgers last week and pizza is on the menu today.  The only thing I don't really know how to make that we would usually eat is Chianese food.  I guess I need to do a google search for some recipes.  

4 comments:

Nicole said...

What kind of Chinese recipes are you looking for? We love to make Chinese at home. The best place for ingredients is S&P on Johnston.

The Maggio Family said...

You've posted alot, since I last read! Funny, funny about baby girl & the vaseline/pooh incidents. I mean, that's the kinda stuff Adri does. She is CONSTANTLY naked. The eating out thing is not only good for budget, but great for your waist-line.

Dani said...

cajun chic, anything that is a bit sweet. hubby does not like hot, but he can tolerate a little spice. where is the s&p? I have a wok so I can stir fry if needed.

Nicole said...

S&P Oriental is behind the Baskin Robbins on Johnston street. If you want a sweet taste I would say to look for a mandarian recipe or a orange chicken. Also adding hoison sauce or rice wine vinegar to food gives it a bit of a sweet taste.