Saturday, October 18, 2008

Burnt Beans and a ruined pot...















Here is what happens when you forget you are cooking supper, while eating a snack with your kids.  The kids and I were enjoying a snack and Gus gets in from work.  I say "you sure do smell like coffee", he says "how did you know I drank coffee at work?".  I said "I could smell you as soon as you came in".  This should have been the first sign that I had forgotten supper, but no still no clue.  Gus and I had a short converstation and he heads up stairs to change.  The burnt coffee smell is just getting stronger and stronger.  That is when it hits me, I jump up and run into kitchen to see my beans burnt and stuck to the pot.  The pot had no hope, I soaked and soaked it but to no avail.  I had to trash it, good thing it was one of my old ones.
Gus was such a sweetheart and made me feel a little better by saying "it is not like you do this all the time". Which is true this is my very first burnt meal and we have been married for 6 years now.  Lesson learned, don't forget cooking beans on the stove while enjoying a snack with your kids.  

2 comments:

Elspeth said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

TulipGirl said...

*L* I've done that. . .