Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God




















That is the title of the book I finished up last night. It is by Dr. Voodie Baucham. My rating would be 5 out of 5 stars. He nails it right on with scriptural backing on how a Christian family should look and raise (disciple) their children. It stepped all over my feet at times, but I am very glad to have read this truth while our children are still young. I wish I could get Gus to read it, but I got the next best thing. There is a 2 disc dvd set out there that has two of Dr. Baucham's teaching on it, called Children of Caesar. The first has a teaching on educating your children and the other on how a Christian family should run the home. We sat down with a friend this past Friday night and watched those. They go over the main points that are in the book, the book just has more details. I love that he gives it to you straight with out any apologies.
If you are interested in hearing what he has to say you can Google him there are a few places that have his teaching available to listen online. If any of my local friends would like to borrow this or any other books I review, please let me know.

3 comments:

The Maggio Family said...

Good job on not eating out. We havent done it b/c we couldnt afford to and it is AMAZING how much you can save! I mean, literally amazing. It really teaches you discipline and its way healthier too. I like books that are straight-forward too with no apologies.

Teresa said...

Girl, we love Dr. Voddie Bauchum here! If his church wasn't so far north of Houston we'd go there when we visit Scott's mom.

I have been wanting to read this book and would love to borrow it. I can even come pick it up. :-) Just email me or call because I have only been on blogland sporadically lately.

Dani said...

I am so glad that I came across his book. I was reading something somewhere and a lady recommended his book, so I bought it. I have since listened to him online. I wish he would have a conference closer to here, we would so be there.